Investigating Community Resilience, a project of the Neahtawanta Center. Watch the shows on Investigating Community Resilience hosted by Dave Barrons.
Many of you may have heard through the grapevine (or social media!) that we suffered an electrical fire at the Neahtawanta Inn on Sunday evening, February 3rd. The Inn is the home of the Neahtawanta Research and Education Center, and also co-directors, Bob Russell and Sally Van Vleck.
No one was hurt and our two cats and dog are safe and sound. However, the damage is extensive. There is already a crew hard at work to get it cleaned up and ready for renovation.
Our computers and all of our office records survived; Sally's office was badly damaged, along with other parts of the Inn, but our main office is okay.
We are staying just down the road and have set up a temporary office here. The Center's work will continue as much as possible given the circumstances.
Our Investigating Community Reslilence TV/Internet programs continue, thanks to the ongoing efforts of Dave Barrons and Trent Tomlinson, and Bob when he is able. To view past or the current show, go to: http://icr.nrec.org/
Our email and mailing address work and phone calls are forwarded to my cell phone.
Updates on our progress will be posted.
Going though a tragedy like this reminds us of what is most important: life, love and community. Material things can be replaced or repaired.
Thank you for your continued support.
Sally Van Vleck and Bob Russell