This workshop is cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.
Led by Brett Fessell and Michael Ulrich.
Michael Ulrich is a Restoration Ecologist, Michigan Certified Natural Shoreline Professional
Brett P. Fessell is a Restoration Section Leader, River Ecologist
Given the less dynamic physical forces impacting inland lake shoreline, homeowners are more likely to build closer to the lake and extend lawns to the lake edge. This can lead to erosion and a loss of real property, actually reducing land holdings significantly. This 3-hour workshop on Glen Lake will explore the erosive factors affecting shoreline loss and restorative scenarios using biodegradable materials and native plants.
The workshop will cover:
- The permitting process for protecting and reclaiming shoreline; specifically the consolidated USACE and MDEQ Joint Permit
- An introduction to the Michigan Natural Shoreline Partnership
- Native plants that stabilize and beautify shorelines
- A tour of a Glen Lake shoreline restoration project
- Question and answer period focused on participants’ specific shoreline issues (please bring pictures of your shoreline)
This workshop is the last in a 2-part series.